Role: Erin Lindsay
Created by: Dick Wolf, Michael Brandt, Derek Haas, Matt Olmstead.
Spin off of: Chicago Fire
Year: 2014 – ?
Premiered on: January 8th, 2014
Sophia’s final season: 4
Genre: Action / Drama
Airs: Wednesdays 10/9 c on NBC
About: At the center of “Chicago P.D.” is Detective Sgt. Hank Voight (Jason Beghe), who is at ground zero against the war on crime in Chicago. He will do ANYTHING to bring criminals to justice.
From multiple Emmy Award-winning Executive Producer Dick Wolf and the team behind the hit series “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago P.D.” is a riveting police drama about the men and women of the Chicago Police Department’s elite Intelligence Unit, combatting the city’s most heinous offenses – organized crime, drug trafficking, high profile murders and beyond.
Handpicked as the head of the Unit is Voight, who has assembled a team of diverse detectives who share his passion and commitment to keeping the city safe. They include Detective Antonio Dawson (Jon Seda) who is more levelheaded and “by the book” than his counterpart; Jay Halstead (Jesse Lee Soffer), a brash young detective who previously saw active military duty in the Middle East; Halstead’s partner Erin Lindsay (Sophia Bush), a former “bad girl” who turned her life around with Voight’s help; Alvin Olinsky (Elias Koteas), an experienced undercover detective and confidante for Voight; and Adam Ruzek (Patrick John Flueger), a quick-witted cadet plucked from the police academy as Olinsky’s partner.
The unit includes a new member in the form of Kevin Atwater (LaRoyce Hawkins), a charismatic patrolman who recently was brought upstairs. Kim Burgess (Marina Squerciati) and Sean Roman (Brian Geraghty) assist with the unit, but on a daily basis, they work the streets as uniform patrol officers working with Intelligence whenever necessary. Desk Sgt. Trudy Platt (Amy Morton) runs a tight precinct with tough love, although she lets her softer, more vulnerable side shine through from time to time.
In addition to Wolf, executive producers include Matt Olmstead (“Chicago Fire,” “Breakout Kings,” “Prison Break”), Peter Jankowski (“Law & Order” branded series, “Chicago Fire,”), Michael Brandt and Derek Haas (“Chicago Fire,” “3:10 to Yuma”), Danielle Gelber (“Chicago Fire”), Mark Tinker (“NYPD Blue”) and Arthur Forney (“Law & Order: SVU,” “Chicago Fire”).
“Chicago P.D.” is produced by Wolf Films in association with Universal Television.
Jason Beghe as Sergeant Hank Voight
Jon Seda as Antonio Dawson
Sophia Bush as Erin Lindsay
Jesse Lee Soffer as Jay Halstead
Patrick John Flueger as Adam Ruzek
Marina Squerciati as Kim Burgess
LaRoyce Hawkins as Kevin Atwater
Elias Koteas as Alvin Olinsky
Amy Morton as Trudy Platt
– Melissa Sagemiller, Scott Eastwood, Kelly Blatz, and Tania Raymonde were all cast to be series regulars for the show’s first season but were all cut before the first episode was taped.
– This is the spin off of Chicago Fire.
– Some characters from Chicago P.D. date characters from Chicago Fire.
– The show is actually filmed in Chicago and the actors/actresses were trained for 3 month beforehand. With retired Swat personel, real Chicago officers and more.
– Events of Chicago P.D., Chicago Fire and Chicago Med often intersect.
– Latest Spin-off Chicago Justice was cancelled after one season.
– Sophia left the show after 4 seasons.
– Shares a universe with Law & Order.
– Sometimes does spin-offs with other shows directed by Dick Wolf (Director)
– LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton are the only actors on the series to have actually been born and raised in the Chicago area.