Sophia Bush is one of those celebs who seems to always glow, so naturally when we caught up with the Chicago PD actress to chat about all things beauty, we had to ask about the most-loved products in her bathroom cabinet.
But Bush also had some inner beauty wisdom to share. The 33-year-old got candid about what beauty advice she wishes she would have given herself years ago.
“I wish I hadn’t spent so much time worrying about other people’s definition of ‘enough.’ Because, if you’re constantly wondering if you’re enough for your career, or your job, or a person. The destructiveness of that fear and that self-doubt is not even quantifiable, it touches everything, and women are really taught to doubt themselves and to shrink themselves,” she said. (Preach.)
The actress also admitted that when it comes to makeup, less is more for her. (“I’ve learned the less product [I use] the better my skin looks,” she said.) Read on for Sophia’s favorite beauty products below!
1. Tarte Amazonian BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer, Medium: “It’s a nice boost for your skin. I don’t like wearing a lot of foundation, so this is perfect! I use the Medium shade.”
2. Diorshow Mascara: “I don’t use this one for every day, but it’s great for events! The mascara makes your lashes so big and amazing!”
3. Tweezerman Tweezers: “They make these great slanted tweezers for eyebrows. I have them in black.”
4. Tarte Cheek Stains: “I have these in five shades! They’re great cheek stains for a dewy, rosy look. The one I love most is the peach colored one.”
5. Lavanila Deodorant: “I love this, because it’s chemical free, really clean and actually works!”
6. Osea Hydrating Oil: “It’s organic and so clean, and leaves my skin feeling really soft.”
7. Erno Laszlo Black Cleansing Bar: “The combo of this bar and the facial cleansing oil does amazing things for my skin. I’m obsessed.”
8. Dr. Harris Shampoo: “They’re a really great clean company. They make a great coconut oil shampoo that I love that has really changed the game for me.”
9. Clarisonic: “I use this a couple times a week. I also make sure I wash my face every night, even if it’s been a really long day and I don’t want to.”
10. Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush: “First thing in my cabinet is my toothbrush. It’s sleek, helps whiten my teeth and I love it.”
11. Coconut Oil: “I use coconut oil instead of shaving cream, because the stuff in shaving cream is pretty toxic. It’s a great life hack!” (Bush also uses Coconut oil as a conditioning hair mask.)